div id='fb-root'/>

10th Anniversary KGI Bali

·

Kang Guru's 10th Anniversary Aussie BBQ - Bali, October 27th, 2007

Here's Ms Dyah's Report

On Thursday, 18th October, 2007 I heard my mobile phone ring. It was 0361-222080. It is Kang Guru office. It said that I was invited by KANG GURU to attend the 10th Anniversary of Kang Guru in Bali, BBQ party on 27th October 2007. I read that message again and again to convinced myself that it was an invitation to go to Bali. WOW… fantastic. Then I answered that message, and not long after that Ogi called me and explained more about that invitation and the extra persons would come to accompany me. They were members of the Fragrant Water English Club, #094. Then I made a call to Astri, the leader of Charming Learners Club, #048 and also one of my students in my course. Next day, Ogi sent an sms informing us to go together with Pak Bowo (a presenter of KANG GURU show in Radio Suara Habibulloh) who also lives in Banyuwangi. His house is about 40 km from my house.

The next afternoon. I called him and he asked me and Astri to come to his house and to discuss the trip to Bali. On Sunday morning, 21st October 2007 at 8.00 I went to Pak Bowo’s house and we discussed the journey. Then he invited us to come to his house. We met and discussed the trip, the car rental and so on. The next morning, Monday, 22nd October 2007 I asked my students (members of Fragrant Club who were mentioned by Ogi) to go to Bali with us. I asked all my students (members of Charming Learners Club) to come to my house because I wanted to discuss the invitation. After they got together I asked Liya Kholida to draw a picture that we would give to KANG GURU as our present. The theme was about BBQ party to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of KANG GURU in Bali.

The big day finally arrived. At 5.00am, Layin, Jarkoni, Astri, Sefy and Nur and myself were ready. Pak Bowo picked us up at 5.45. Then we traveled to Bali. At about 2.00 (WIB) or 3.00 (WITA) we arrived at the Kang Guru office. I met Sue and we chatted for a while. Then we met Kevin and Maggie and almost all the Kang Guru crew. After that Ogi took us to our hotel, the Melasti Beach Hotel. Ogi gave us an invitation letter and pocket money for each of us. I called my friend who worked in Hotel Kartika Plaza and in the evening Astri, Layin, Sefy, Febby and I went around hotel. We bought oleh-oleh for our family. I bought some T-shirts for my dad, my younger brother, my niece and my nephew. I bought a beautiful bag for my mom. And for myself I bought a necklace. Febby treated us in McDonalds. We had dinner with fried chicken, rice, soup and soft drink. At 10pm we went back to our hotel.

At 5.00 I woke up, then I prayed and then took a bath. After that I asked all my students to take a walk to the beach. I also asked Aldo, Pak Bowo’s son) to go with us, because Aldo is our friend, too. We went to the beach for two hours. We played, took pictures and practised English with tourists there. Because it was the first experience for my students practised English with tourists, they were really happy. They got tourists from etherland, Australia and America. We took pictures together with those tourists. Then my mobile phone rang and Pak Bowo ordered us to come back to hotel to have breakfast. The breakfast was fried rice. I and all my students ate rice because we knew that later at the BBQ party threw would only be meat and bread or maybe salad.

At 9.00 we left the hotel. We lost our way. Then after arriving there Ogi asked us to help Alwi to decorate the party. We drew pictures, cut the paper and tied with thread, etc. We loved it.

The party started and I really enjoyed every moment with new friends; Rina, Jade, Ayu, Ririn, Mila and others. We chatted together and took pictures. After we said goodbye to you and all KANG GURU crew. It was just like a dream. When will we meet you again? Soon? We arrived home in Banyuawngi at 10.00. Kang GURU you make my days so colorful and I hope you always guide me to improve my English.

DYAH SISWINARAH NOVITA
SMK Al ­ Azhar Sempu
Jalan Imam SyafiĆ¢ No. 45
Sempu ­ Banyuwangi 68465
Jawa ­ Timur

0 komentar: