div id='fb-root'/>

Final Clubs Get Together Reports

·

Report Activities of Final Clubs Get Together

Dear KGI Team,
How are you all KGI team? Especially Captain, Ms. Ayu n Darmika. I’m better now although the gypsum on my left arm will be open next 2 month, coz I got broken bone on my arm. I get holiday till this by Saturday and I will go to the office next week, God Willing. And of course for a while I will not ride my motorcycle, maybe my brother will drop me. I teach grade 12 so, I have to work hard so that they will be ready to face the National Exam.

Let me tell you about all the preparation of the event and also the event (15th November 2008). To tell the truth before that we had more than 150 members, but because we as teachers (Dewi, Tato and me) wanted divided into several groups, some of members got scare to present on the stage, that’s why we only had around 100 members. And I got really mad to Dewi and Tato coz they ordered the students to use Indonesian or mix between Indonesian and English for their performance. I told them and also students that they had to use English, only English. They said yes, coz I couldn’t accompany them to practice coz I had to handle to make “spanduk” or street banner affixed on both ends. Then the students practiced by themselves. Three of us (Dewi, Tato and me) were too busy making proposal and preparing all the things.

Friday, 14th November 2008 we made decoration for the tent n stage. We bought so many papers for decoration and also some balloons. In the afternoon, people set the tent. Almost all students decorated the tent till night. At 7.00 pm we went to AJM(Agung Jaya Mahkota) Hotel to pick KGI team n KGI Champion to have dinner at Warung Makan Jamilah. And we knew that Captain like Rawon, so he decided to choose it. We were enjoying our dinner while we were chatting about many things. And what made us surprised Kang Guru paid the dinner. Actually we wanted to pay that coz we invited KGI team. We felt so shy coz this thing. We are not to be able to give KGI team anything but we got much from KGI. After having dinner we went back to the hotel to come to the café and bar. And Tato started to sing 2 songs. Then we enjoyed the songs. At 8.30 we went back to the school. Tato and students made finishing to the tent while I made some id card for all members at home.

The big day was coming, we went to school early. Tato prepared the sound system and the things around it. Dewi made up the dancers. I arranged the students to do something n also gave the id cards. At 8.00am with my friend, I came to the hotel to pick KGI team up to our school. At 9.45 we went to the school. And we did our activity, starting with some parade from each groups then we sang Indonesian Anthem, Indonesia Raya and also Australian Anthem, Advance Australia Fair. Then Capt. Cut the ribbon as the symbol of the opening of this club activity. And he also flew the balloons. After that our headmaster gave a speech. We are really sorry coz we didn’t know what our headmaster thought before. We were really shock when our headmaster asked for financial for school. At that time three of us wanna kick our headmaster when he was speaking like that. Hope you all forgive what our headmaster spoke. The next speech was from Captain, and also Ayu.

The show was performed with yel-yel competition. Although I knew Ayu asked me to take this part later but Tato forced us to do that. After that activity actually we had game who am I and what am I but again Tato changed it, we presented crazy face by doing lips sing. At the beginning they practiced using English songs but I dunno exactly why they changed it. I’m so sorry. I knew those activities made KGI boring, especially Captain. But I dunno what to do. At the break time, while KGI team were having lunch Captain asked us about our next activity, actually we still had drama from each groups but because almost groups did mix between Indonesian and English for the conversation, so we decided to cancel it.

At 12.30 we did game which handled by KGI team and us. All students were so happy and sweat. We enjoyed the games very much. Especially when they got KGI goodies. All students wanna get t-shirt. Only few who got it. And the last part of the game was dancing who was conducted my Ayu. We were all dancing and laughing. We did enjoy it very much especially the goodies, heheheheh. After that we took pictures together then shake hand. We felt so sad that KGI team would leave us. I knew KGI team was really disappointed with our event. We are really sorry. We can’t give you the best things like what you want. And that was the best thing that we can give to KGI team. After we said goodbye and all the students went home, we cried and cried coz we made disappoint KGI team especially Mr. Kevin. Please forgive us, I hope KGI team are not hate us. We still need your support especially our students. They can improve their English by listening to KGI Show on our local radio, GA FM 102.8 every Monday morning at 6.30 till 7.30. and also reading KGI magazine and sometimes browsing in KGI website. Without KGI we are nothing.

We really appreciate for the coming of KGI team, Mr. Kevin R. Dalton, Ms. Ayu Kusumastuti, Mr. Darmika and also KGI Champion, Suryadi. We never dream that KGI team will come to our school, twice in this year. Many schools are so jealous to us. And some English Clubs are also jealous, too. You gave us much but we never satisfy you. I’m really sorry. To representative from all SMK Al – Azhar teachers n headmaster, also Dewi and Tato and all club members plz forgive our mistakes and thank you very much for all that you have done for us. Hope we will be friend and partner forever. Good neighbours make good friends. I love you all KGI team.

Thank you for KGI goodies (T-shirts) for me, Tato, Dewi and Headmaster. But we found all for men (t-shirt with round neck), if you don’t mind please give me and Dewi t-shirt with V-neck. I’m sorry if I ask to much to KGI.

Dyah Siswinarah Novita
SMK Al – Azhar Sempu
Jln. Imam Syafi’i No. 45 Sempu
Kec. Sempu Kab. Banyuwangi 68465
Jawa Timur

For more detail reports please check on http://www.kangguru.org/travel/kgretravel2008sempu_kgcc.htm

To see more picts of this activities check on Page Galery of this blog!!

0 komentar: